Accepted Solution

CP2102n Command Line Configuration

Hello,

Is there a command line utility I can use to configure the USB interface of the CP2102n?  I want to make a text fixture that automatically programs the vendor ID, product ID, etc...

Thanks,

Rich

Highlighted

Re: CP2102n Command Line Configuration

rketcham wrote:

Found it!

https://www.silabs.com/documents/public/software/AN721SW.zip

Would you please explain which file in that ZIP you used, and an example command line?

I have a situation described in another thread where the CP2102 is routed correctly to be bus powered in a module, but the Vdd output is 4.2V instead of 3.3V, and I suspect that may be because the manufacturer of the module wanted to make it compatible with 5V processors, and somehow confiugured it in EEPROM to disable the regulator.  My guess it's the power mode setting.  So I'm looking for the simplest and easiest possible way to set that one value back to the factory default, which I believe is 0x80.  If you could help me with that, I would really appreciate it.  The module responds normally to the VCP driver, so it appears the ID values weren't changed from the default.

Or, if there's an easy way to set the entire device back to factory defaults, that would be even better.

Thanks very much.

The easiest way to set it back to defaults is to use Xpress Configurator in Simplicity Studio. Simply hit the 'Reset' button at the bottom to reset all options to their defaults, then program the device.

reset.PNG

BrianL wrote:

The easiest way to set it back to defaults is to use Xpress Configurator in Simplicity Studio. Simply hit the 'Reset' button at the bottom to reset all options to their defaults, then program the device.

reset.PNG

I'm really looking for a way that I can recommend to others like me who are not experienced coders.  I believe Simplicity Studio is the one I tried to install that brought Java with it if you didn't already have that, and Python with it if you didn't already have that, and ended up adding half a GB of files.  If so, that's not going to be a workable solution for us simpletons since we would have no use for SS other than to fix this one problem.

The original poster talked about a command line solution, and said he had found one.  But I don't know what he meant.

The command-line tool that he was talking about was in that AN721SW.zip, called cp210xsmt.exe. You'll need a configuration from Studio in order to use it, though. If you can wait until tomorrow, I'll generate the default config for the CP2102n at work and post it here.

BrianL wrote:

The command-line tool that he was talking about was in that AN721SW.zip, called cp210xsmt.exe. You'll need a configuration from Studio in order to use it, though. If you can wait until tomorrow, I'll generate the default config for the CP2102n at work and post it here.

Thanks very much.  But it would be for the CP2102, not the N.

I've attached a .zip of all the default configurations for all devices that can be programmed through the command-line tools in AN721.zip, as well as the document that describes their usage.

Thanks very much.  I really appreciate it.