'ghost posts'

this has happened before, a subforum states a new post count and there are no new posts (at least not on the first page)

erik

Re: 'ghost posts'

I also still often encounter this.

Administrator

@erikm@vanmierlo Have you tried this link to find your unread posts? 

http://community.silabs.com/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/category-id/Discussions/tab/thread

Please let me know if the list shows nothing and you still see the new post count. 

Thanks, 

Nari | Community Manager | Silicon Labs

[ Edited ]

The link reveals nothing and I still have 4 unread posts.

Discussions 4 unread.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discussions No posts.png

Maarten

Administrator

@vanmierlo@erikm

Our team ran a repair tool to fix the message count issue on the General Discussion board. 

Please take a moment to review the unread count and let me know if it occurs in other boards as well. 

Thanks, 

I recall seeing them in 8-bit

erik

I currently have 16 ghost posts in the 8 bit MCU section, 1 in Interface, 1 in Other, and 9 in Simplicity Studio. I no longer have one in General Discussions. I'm sure I have more in other subfora, but I have many really unread messages there as well, so I can't tell at the moment.

Administrator

Thank you for your patience with this. We have repaired the boards you have provided me with.

Please take a moment to review and let me know if there is anything else that I can assist with through this case. 

if Caspar appears again we'll let you know

erik
Highlighted

That didn't take too long. Today I have 2 ghosts in 8 bit MCU and 1 in this General Discussions subforum.

Ok, today it got even weirder. My own answers no longer register as being read. Even after revisiting the topic. And even after marking them new and revisiting them.

And I again picked up quite a few 'regular' ghost posts along the way as well.

This gets funnier by the minute. Now my replies do appear to be read.

Still my unread count of the 32-bit MCU forum is at 47, where it was fixed at 43 for the last few weeks.

Administrator

@vanmierlo We'll look into this. Can you confirm that the issue occurs only in the 32-bit MCU forum board or any other boards too?