Highlighted

DK schematics/BOM

[ Edited ]

What is the logic in not making the schematics/BOM available to consult until one buys EFM8 kitss

Re: DK schematics/BOM

[ Edited ]

For some strange reason - known only to the great minds of SILabs - the schematics/BOMs are only available if you open the manual through Simplicity Studio.

I ran into the same issue not wanting to download SS before needed (why not have updates coming before you need SS included in your download) .

erik

Re: DK schematics/BOM

Dear Silicon Labs,

Please make these schematic/BoM's available easily. It is pointless to force people to install Simplicity Studio just to find details of the kits. I assure you that after the data has been perused the Simp.Stud will be deleted. Specially since the whole affair left a bad taste in the mouth  Not the best way to win our ( users) hearts.  If you are afraid of copycats be advised that the copycats have no problem extracting whatever info they need. It's the ordinary user who has problems.

It is your product specs that attracted me not some marketing driven over florid software bundle that I could not care less about. 100 MIP's in nothing to wave aside,ignore or be ashamed of.

Perhaps Si-labs themselves are unaware of how remarkable their products are.

I suggest that you design a few capes and peripherals, give the design to some PRC guys and sell the subsidized product to hobbyists and universities. You will never look back. You have a killer in the shape of an F120.