- Silicon Labs Community
- Welcome and Announcements
- Silicon Labs Knowledge Base
- 8-bit MCU
- 32-bit MCU
- Bluetooth / Wi-Fi
- Other Products Category
- Optical/RH/Temp Sensor
- Other Products
- Hardware and Software Tools
- Simplicity Studio and Software
- General Discussions and Suggestions
- Chinese Forum
- Software Libraries
- Development Kits
- Reference Designs
- Third Party Tools
- White Papers
- Official Blog of Silicon Labs
- Chinese Blog
03-01-2017 08:41 AM
I'm trying to create an enhance coordinator (and router) application where i need control over on-boarding process. For example, only the known device should be allowed to on-board. Coordinator will be aware of device which can be onboarded, only will only allow onboarding of these devices. Any request from other devices should be rejected.
Going through the documentation, i guess there will some callback in coordinator app where i can place this logic. Unfortunately, i tried few callbacks but they only comes into play after device is already onboarded.
If someone can throw a pointer, it will be really helpful
03-07-2017 07:57 AM
I suggest you can control onboarding by implementing below two processes:
1. Use a private link key on coordinator and end devices. When the devices with different link key will try to join those will be rejected.
2. As further check add a list of allowed devices in your application. Once the device has joined then check against your allowed list and remove if not on the allowed list.
03-08-2017 08:50 AM
Thanks for your response. I don't want to remove the device after its onboarded. Is there a way to use provided callbacks to check if the device is known.
We have a router with EFR32MG on it. I was thinking of writing and NCP app and an NCP host app. NCP app will run on EFR32MG and where as NCP host app on the host.
What i have figured out that host app only gets a callback when onboarding is completed but NCP app do have callback like emberAfPluginEzspSecurityTrustCenterJoinCallb
Let me if this is right direction.