Call waiting feature and caller id in Si3218x

Hi,

We're planning to use Si3218x for one of our projects. I've few doubts in Si3218x. kindly clarify me.

#1. Does Si3218x support call waiting feature?

#2. How does the caller identification functionality work in Si3218x?

kindly explain me the above said details. Also please share with me the detailed datasheet of Si3218x.

I couldn't get it from any of the website. Please do the needful. Thank you.

Re: Call waiting feature and caller id in Si3218x

Hello,

In answer to your questions:

#1. The Si3218x supports the ability to implement the call waiting feature. We provide example code for this feature (Type 2 CID) in our Caller ID Framework, which is included in our ProSLIC API software suite. Our ProSLIC devices can generate tones/FSK and detect DTMF - functions that are necessary in a CID implementation.

#2. As mentioned above, our ProSLIC API software includes a Caller ID Framework with example code to implement both Type 1 and Type 2 Caller ID. Our ProSLIC API Demo also includes a basic Type 1 North America CID implementation. The Caller ID Framework is quite flexible, and currently supports North America, ETSI (FSK) and BT standards.

As an additional note, if DTMF detection is needed for the implementation of these functions, be sure to select a part from the Si3218x that supports this feature.

In order to download the documentation and software for our ProSLIC devices, you must sign an NDA with us, if you haven't already. Please let me know if you will need to move forward with an NDA and I can get you in touch with our Marketing Manager.

Best,

Lizi

Highlighted

Re: Call waiting feature and caller id in Si3218x

Hi,

Is the Caller ID feature (ProSLIC API's and SI3218X) compliant with the Japanese standard for CallID transmission? 

Is the caller ID also supported for a waiting call?

BR

Amit

ecgposte wrote:

Hello,

In answer to your questions:

#1. The Si3218x supports the ability to implement the call waiting feature. We provide example code for this feature (Type 2 CID) in our Caller ID Framework, which is included in our ProSLIC API software suite. Our ProSLIC devices can generate tones/FSK and detect DTMF - functions that are necessary in a CID implementation.

#2. As mentioned above, our ProSLIC API software includes a Caller ID Framework with example code to implement both Type 1 and Type 2 Caller ID. Our ProSLIC API Demo also includes a basic Type 1 North America CID implementation. The Caller ID Framework is quite flexible, and currently supports North America, ETSI (FSK) and BT standards.

As an additional note, if DTMF detection is needed for the implementation of these functions, be sure to select a part from the Si3218x that supports this feature.

In order to download the documentation and software for our ProSLIC devices, you must sign an NDA with us, if you haven't already. Please let me know if you will need to move forward with an NDA and I can get you in touch with our Marketing Manager.

Best,

Lizi