Thunderboard React Kit

by Administrator Siliconlabs ‎06-15-2016 10:23 AM - edited ‎02-21-2017 02:45 AM

thunderboard.PNG

With the Thunderboard React, it is easy to test and prototype an IoT application. It connects using Bluetooth Smart to the free mobile app which then seamlessly communicates between the Thunderboard and the cloud database. This app can then visualize the collected sensor data or control the LED states on the Thunderboard React hardware.

Features:

• BGM111 Bluetooth Smart Module, Bluetooth 4.2 compliant
  • Mobile app for Android and iOS
  • Mobile app features include beacon notifications
  • Cloud streaming, data stored in Firebase 

Learn more:

Get started with the Thunderboard React!

Comments
by <a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Genius</font></font> </a> hlipka
on ‎08-17-2016 06:16 AM

One question to that: Do I need a Blue Gecko Bluetooth Smart Module Starter Kit for programming, or can I use any EFM32 kit (with its integrated JLink set to outbound debugging)? I would like to use this board either with BGScript or my own extensions to the firmware (to do some preprocessing on the sensor data).

Thanks,

hli

by <a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Hero Employee</font></font> </a> Rasmus
on ‎08-18-2016 07:35 AM

Hi!

To debug/program the ThunderBoard-React you need an adapter cable called SLSDA001A to connect between the STK and the 10 pin mini simplicity debug header on the ThunderBoard. This fits with the smaller 1.27 pin double debug headers on the newer EFM32 kits (e.g. Happy Gecko STK), but not the older ones with the single larger 2.5 mm pitch debug header. 

Currently there is no BGScript support for this board, but an C example for IAR is included with the Bluetooth Smart C SDK available in Simplicity Studio.

Rasmus

by min2
on ‎09-29-2016 05:11 AM

When I am switching on this board by changing Vext to Vbat and suddenly after pressing one of button sw-0 or sw-1 its blinking blue light just once or twice and then quickly blinking green light once and then no light at all. And app showing No devices found.

Initially I was able to connect with the same but now this thunderboard react behaving like this. I checked the user guide but not able to found this light indication.

by <a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Hero Employee</font></font> </a> Rasmus
on ‎09-29-2016 06:09 AM

Hi!

The green blink indicates that something has connected to the Thunderboard React and that it has stopped advertising. If the Thunderboard app says it is not connected there is maybe some other app running in the background that has connected to the device?

R

by min2
on ‎09-29-2016 06:18 AM

Thanks Rasmus, yeah I figured it out... actually during this POC I tried to connect with my node program through mac from which I exited earlier but in the background that program was running and I was not able to find out why its happening. but now seems everything running perfectly thanks for your reply.

by min2
on ‎09-29-2016 08:23 AM

Hi,

Can I connect thunderboard react through mac pc? Actually I am trying to connect through a noble program running on my mac PC but it seems like my pc is not BLE enabled so thats why this device is not allowing me to connect and fetch service and characteristics. though I am able to scan react device with the program but connecting and fetching service & characteristics making an issue. My pc is integrated with bluetooth enabled so might be because of this I am able to scan thunderboard react?

At finally What I need to achieve to connect multiple thunderboard react devices with master raspbian device so thats why i looked for node solution, so that later on I can port this program on raspbian master device.

So is it possible to achieve all this which I am trying to do so?

on ‎09-30-2016 02:46 AM

Hi 

LightBlue should work on Mac to connect to your device.

R