Administrator

Win a Thunderboard React Kit!

[ Edited ]

We invite Silicon Labs Community members to participate in this exciting contest that you can win a Thunderboard React kit (RD-0057-0201). The Thunderboard React kit helps you easily test and prototype your own unique IoT application. The contest consists of five questions related to the Thunderboard React and 10 lucky winners who answer the questions correctly will receive a kit for free.  

How to participate

• Answer the five questions below (Tip: Use ThunderBoard-React User's Guide)
  • Send a private message to me (@Nari) with your answers in the community by 8th August 2016. You will receive a confirmation message that you have entered the contest from me afterwards. 
  • 10 final winners and correct answers will be posted on this page in the week of 8th August. 

Judging

If there are more than 10 contestants who answer all the correct answers, we will decide the final 10 winners based on their open-ended question (Q5). Silicon Labs’ staff will evaluate the answers based on relevance and usefulness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q1. The Thunderboard React solution provides

1. A low-cost, Wi-Fi enabled sensor platform 
  2. The ability to demo, evaluate, and develop IoT applications 
  3. A high-frequency, flexible clocking solution 
  4. Free Thunderboard app and the source code available at www.silabs.com/Thunderboard

Q2. The Thunderboard React hardware platform contains 

1. UV Index and Ambient Light Sensor IC with I2C Interface
  2. USB-to-UART smart-interface 
  3. Integrated Wi-Fi and IP stack
  4. Capacitive Sense device with GPIO

Q3. Thunderboard React features BGM111 Bluetooth Smart Module. Which of the following is not related to BGM111? 

1. Bluetooth 4.2 compliant 
  2. ARM Cortex M4 core with 32 kb RAM and 256 kB Flash 
  3. UART, SPI and I2C serial interfaces
  4. -101 dBm Receive Sensitivity

Q4. Which word can be used to fill in the following blank?

While viewing the cloud session from the same mobile client is a great way to demonstrate the cloud-connectivity of the ThunderBoardReact platform, one of the innovative features of this demo is its ability to support multiple clients from its cloud database using ________.

1. Parse
  2. CloudKit
  3. Firebase
  4. Kinvey

Q5. Give a specific example of an application that you can build with the Thunderboard React and explain why. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

By entering the contest you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the Community Contest Terms and Conditions. Please review the Contest Rules below before entering the contest.

Nari | Community Manager | Silicon Labs
Administrator

Re: Win a Thunderboard React Kit!

Thanks everyone for participating in the first Thunderboard React contest. You can find the correct answers in the contest post above. The final winners who will receive a Thunderboard React kit are: 

@Fisaw

@kos_t

@mmsk

@Breadboardist

@bracketracer

@hlipka

@michael_k

@gordonmx

@DanilBorchevkin

@Namo_Aton

Congratulations! I will contact the winners via private message for shipping information.

For those who missed a chance to win a Thunderboard React kit, we are holding another contest for you: #2: Win a Thunderboard React Kit! 

Don't miss your chance to win a Thunderboard React kit this time! 

Nari | Community Manager | Silicon Labs