Administrator

Show us your summer project for a chance to win a free Basis watch!

[ Edited ]

show us your summer project.png

What project are you working on this summer? A low-power game module run by the EFM32 microcontroller? A touchless optical switch using the Si114x sensor? Or a Rube Goldberg machine connected via the EM357 ZigBee chip?

Whatever it is, share your cool project with your fellow engineers here by posting a photo of your project using a Silicon Labs' part and a short description of what it is in the comments below. We’ll pick three best photos based on most kudos (50%) and a voting system by our in-house judges (50%). The winners will receive a free PEAK™ (Matte Black / Black, $199.99).

In order to be eligible, your entry must meet the following requirements:

• Image file types allowed: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • Silicon Labs’ product or software tool needs to be depicted in the photo.

Your entry will be judged by three or more employees of Silicon Labs and will be judged based on

• Creativity
  • Quality of presentation

Number of winners: 3 (only one entry per user) 

Prize: 1 x PEAK™ (Matte Black / Black, $199.99)

Contest period: 27 July, 2015 – 21 August, 2015

By entering the contest you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the Community Contest Terms and Conditions 

Nari | Community Manager | Silicon Labs

Re: Show us your summer project for a chance to win a free Basis watch!

so WHERE to post?

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi, @antti you can post an image in the comment. 

1669921_597681396977217_1897373980_o.jpg

Software Defined Radio for the Ham bands, using Silicon Labs Si570 and PSoC.

Si570 based SDR

See also this video:

I assembled a mini weather station with wireless temperature and humidity sensor. The receiver chip is Si4362 and the display shows alternating outside temperature/humidity along with the transmitter battery status and atmospheric pressure in mmHg units. The scrolling pressure graph is updated every 15 minutes and holds pressure history for the last 25 hours. The receiver is powered from a wall adapter, but has a rechargeable battery on board. Average current consumption is about 0.7mA in standby (because of LCD) and around 13 mA when receives data from the transmitter.

schema_RX.png

rx1b.jpg    rx2b.jpg  rx3b.jpg

The transmitter unit uses Si7021 sensor and is build around Si4060. It is mounted outside in a PVC pipe, transmits temperature/humidity data every minute on 916 MHz band, and serves a similar receiving device as above at our neighbors. It is powered from XENO lithium battery and enclosed into a box from Radioshack. Average current consumption is about 10 uA. Previously constructed system based on CC1101 transmitters survived 2 last brutal Wisconsin winters and runs from such battery already for over 2 years.

schema_TX.png

tx1.jpg   tx2.jpg  tube1.jpg

I haven't started a project yet but I have got the samples

Maybe I can have a chance to win, who knows Robot Happy

reading the datasheet of #Si1102, this is the biggest step of a project Robot Happy

https://twitter.com/argenindelisi

si1102.jpg

Hi!

I'm currently working on a indoor unit for my weather station mesh network. 

Weather Station project:

http://community.silabs.com/t5/Projects/Weather-Station-Mesh-Network/m-p/151966#U151966

inside_unit_edit.jpg

There is one weather station located in my garden, which broadcasts the data to all participants of a ZigBee network. The coordinator of the network operates as base station and passes the data on to a web-server, which displays the data in a chart. However if I want to know something about the weather data, I need a smartphone or a PC. So I decided to build a so called "indoor unit". These devices will consist of a TINY GECKO MCU, a XBee S2 radio, a 7-segment LCD (similar to the one on the TG STK) and a coin cell battery. The ZigBee radio will operate in a cyclic sleep mode and therefore join the mesh network as an end-device. It will wake up every ten minutes and check if the coordinator has new data available. If there is new data, the MCU will be woken up due to a LEUART interrupt and update the display.

Some improvements for the future would be a temp/humidity sensor for each "indoor unit" and a energy harvesting system to power it from indoor light. 

Kind Regards,

Michael

I'm currently working on a project to make a scrolling display controlled by Zero Gecko Starter Kit. The scrolling display is used to give status update of a test. The scrolling display is used  to display date, time and temperature  (see video in the attachment).

Today is 21 August, who is the winner Robot Happy 

ZerOne wrote:

Today is 21 August, who is the winner Robot Happy 

I think they will wait for more kudos.

I voted for sergeilb and michael_k.

Gerrit.

Administrator

Thanks for sharing your projects with us! We hope you had a wonderful summer and had some fun with your project Robot wink

The winner of the summer contest goes to…

@soldeerridder - Software Defined Radio for the Ham bands

@sergeilb - A mini weather station with wireless temperature and humidity sensor

We look forward to learning more about the project. It would be great if you can share more details on the project page Robot Happy 

@michael_k - Weather station mesh network

Thanks for sharing your weather station project on the project page, Michael! Can't wait to see the module with the ZigBee radio!

Congratulations! You will receive a private message about shipping information soon.

Cheers,

Nari