Accepted Solution

thunderboard sense SOC- thunderboard sense demo compilation issue with simplicity studio

[ Edited ]

Hey forum.

I have recently purchased THUNDERBOARD SENSE  and tring to compile bluetooth demo for download.

I have IAR 7.5 installed and it can compile properly the example files in IAR seprately.

Later on i installed simplicity studio 4 and tried to compile demo application with bluetooth sdk 2.1

i have also included all necessary file but still i am getting below mentioned error i am unable to detect how to get this error removed

No luck for past one week

Any one please help

Any type of guidance will be appreciated

22:10:43 **** Incremental Build of configuration IAR ARM - Default for project soc-thunderboard-sense_2 ****
make -j2 all 
Building file: ../services/aio.c
Building file: ../services/batt.c
Invoking: IAR C/C++ Compiler for ARM
iccarm "../services/aio.c" -o "services/aio.o" --no_wrap_diagnostics -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\sdks\gecko_sdk_suite\v1.0\hardware\kit\EFR32MG1_BRD4160A\config" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\stacks\ble\v2.1.1.0\app\bluetooth_2.1" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\sdks\gecko_sdk_suite\v1.0\hardware\kit\common\bsp\thunderboard" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\sdks\gecko_sdk_suite\v1.0\hardware\kit\common\bsp" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\sdks\gecko_sdk_suite\v1.0\hardware\kit\common\drivers" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\sdks\gecko_sdk_suite\v1.0\platform\CMSIS\Include" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\stacks\ble\v2.1.1.0\protocol\bluetooth_2.1\ble_stack\inc\common" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\sdks\gecko_sdk_suite\v1.0\app\bluetooth_2.3\examples_ncp_host\switched_multipr_trust_center" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\stacks\ble\v2.1.1.0\platform\emlib\inc" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\stacks\ble\v2.1.1.0\protocol\bluetooth_2.1\ble_stack\inc\soc" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\sdks\exx32\v5.0.0.0\platform\Device\SiliconLabs\EFR32MG1P\Include" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\stacks\ble\v2.1.1.0\app\bluetooth_2.1\appbuilder\sample-apps\common" -e --cpu Cortex-M4 --fpu VFPv4_sp --debug --dlib_config "E:/Program Files/IAR Systems/Embedded Workbench 7.3/arm/inc/c/DLib_Config_Normal.h" --endian little --cpu_mode thumb -On --no_cse --no_unroll --no_inline --no_code_motion --no_tbaa --no_clustering --no_scheduling --dependencies=m services/aio.d
Invoking: IAR C/C++ Compiler for ARM
iccarm "../services/batt.c" -o "services/batt.o" --no_wrap_diagnostics -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\sdks\gecko_sdk_suite\v1.0\hardware\kit\EFR32MG1_BRD4160A\config" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\stacks\ble\v2.1.1.0\app\bluetooth_2.1" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\sdks\gecko_sdk_suite\v1.0\hardware\kit\common\bsp\thunderboard" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\sdks\gecko_sdk_suite\v1.0\hardware\kit\common\bsp" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\sdks\gecko_sdk_suite\v1.0\hardware\kit\common\drivers" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\sdks\gecko_sdk_suite\v1.0\platform\CMSIS\Include" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\stacks\ble\v2.1.1.0\protocol\bluetooth_2.1\ble_stack\inc\common" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\sdks\gecko_sdk_suite\v1.0\app\bluetooth_2.3\examples_ncp_host\switched_multipr_trust_center" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\stacks\ble\v2.1.1.0\platform\emlib\inc" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\stacks\ble\v2.1.1.0\protocol\bluetooth_2.1\ble_stack\inc\soc" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\sdks\exx32\v5.0.0.0\platform\Device\SiliconLabs\EFR32MG1P\Include" -I"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\stacks\ble\v2.1.1.0\app\bluetooth_2.1\appbuilder\sample-apps\common" -e --cpu Cortex-M4 --fpu VFPv4_sp --debug --dlib_config "E:/Program Files/IAR Systems/Embedded Workbench 7.3/arm/inc/c/DLib_Config_Normal.h" --endian little --cpu_mode thumb -On --no_cse --no_unroll --no_inline --no_code_motion --no_tbaa --no_clustering --no_scheduling --dependencies=m services/batt.d

IAR ANSI C/C++ Compiler V7.50.2.10312/W32 for ARM
   Copyright 1999-2015 IAR Systems AB.

#include "aio.h"
                 ^
"E:\Documents and Settings\chaitanya_priya\SimplicityStudio\v4_workspace\soc-thunderboard-sense_2\services\aio.c",1  Warning[Pa050]: non-native end of line sequence detected (this diagnostic is only issued once)

IAR ANSI C/C++ Compiler V7.50.2.10312/W32 for ARM
   Copyright 1999-2015 IAR Systems AB.

/***********************************************************************************************//**
                                                                                                     ^
"E:\Documents and Settings\chaitanya_priya\SimplicityStudio\v4_workspace\soc-thunderboard-sense_2\services\batt.c",1  Warning[Pa050]: non-native end of line sequence detected (this diagnostic is only issued once)

Errors: 1
Warnings: 1

#error "em_device.h: PART NUMBER undefined"
   ^
"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\sdks\exx32\v5.0.0.0\platform\Device\SiliconLabs\EFR32MG1P\Include\em_device.h",93  Fatal error[Pe035]: #error directive: "em_device.h: PART NUMBER undefined"
Fatal error detected, aborting.

#error "em_device.h: PART NUMBER undefined"
   ^
"E:\simplicitySTUDIO\developer\sdks\exx32\v5.0.0.0\platform\Device\SiliconLabs\EFR32MG1P\Include\em_device.h",93  Fatal error[Pe035]: #error directive: "em_device.h: PART NUMBER undefined"

Errors: 1
Fatal error detected, aborting.
Warnings: 1
make: *** [services/batt.o] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [services/aio.o] Error 2

22:10:44 Build Finished (took 1s.0ms)

Please forgive for english. English is not my first languageSmiley Sad

It’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.

Re: thunderboard sense SOC- thunderboard sense demo compilation issue with simplicity studio

I think I should already answer this question in SFDC, could you check it?

Thanks,

Kevin

Re: thunderboard sense SOC- thunderboard sense demo compilation issue with simplicity studio

Hi,

Thunderboard Sense examples are fistly released together with the SDKv2.0.x branch and we didn't do the migration to the SDK v2.1.x branch. So there might be some fatal issue if you use the examples directly with SDK v2.1.x, which means there are some configuration change needed. 

We have the latest SDK v2.3.0 released, you can download it from Simplicity Studio. Click the update button on the top-left corner, then the update perspective will show, download the Bluetooth Smart SDK v2.3.0. This release has the Thunderboard Sense support, all the examples you can get from the older SDK are avaiable in this release as well. Please upgrade your SDK to the latest version. And note that, IAR 7.5 is pretty old for the latest SDK, the supported IAR version is 7.80 or newer, please also upgrade your IAR.

Thanks,
Kevin