Accepted Solution

switch BLE and subGhz

Back to old question. My BLE device EFR32 scanning for beacons. Lately is must send all found beacons via SubGhZ. Can some tell me - is it possibly or not?? I do not means at same time! It is very strange - so simply question and nobody can not answer. I sawed DEMO 
Switched Multiprotocol Demo with the EFR32 Mighty Gecko - but it takes 15 secs to switch! No I really can not understand what is reason of EFR32 family, if they can work only in one mode! I see, VCO, Syntezer, bassically RF pars are same for BLE and subGHz - but I only want to switch some time! Imagine BLE beacon sniffer, colectind found beacons and it must send all found via subGHz (for example in 1 hour). I think it it usually task and I can not understand why NOT

Re: switch BLE and subGhz

Hi,

Having BLE stack and a proprietary stack concurrently accessing the radio is not yet supported by our software. What is now available is switched multi-protocol (SMP), but dynamic multi-protocol (DMP) between Bluetooth and proprietary is not yet possible.

Regards,

Tiago

Tnx Tiago. Can you give me some advise how to try to do it? Maybe you know some tricks? I need only scan beacons, not full futured stack. Maybe is it possible link Rail API with BLE for example?
Highlighted

Hi,

As I said, it is not supported, there are no tricks and I can't give you any advice on something which we don't support.

Regards,

Tiago

OK, BLE advertistment is not far complicated, I made my own BLE adv sniffer via propietary 2.4 GHz on EFR32. It works fine!