Accepted Solution

USB Development Driver for Windows in DKBT111

Your database: The USB development driver has to be installed in PC before USB port can be used for this purpose. For the details, please refer to section 2.2 in the attached <<BT111 Development Kit Datasheet>>.

1. I use Win7 OS and DKBT111 for BT testing.

2. I downloaded WT1x_Windows_USB_Drivers.zip from your tech site.

3. I try to test with DKBT111 as BT111 DK Datasheet and can't find Device Driver(rintajo.BGT) in Update Driver Software process as section 2.2. Where is the driver? I can't find rintajo.BGT file in  WT1x_Windows_USB_Drivers.zip. 

4. If I select another driver file as CSRBlueCoreUSB.inf, i find error message as "This device is already installed the latest driver." 

5. When I execute BlueTest3 and select USB, I find "None found" in USB Device of Transport Dialog box.

Please guide me how to test DKBT111 in Win7.

Re: USB Development Driver for Windows in DKBT111

Hello Wayen,

Sometimes the problem in this case is the default VID/PID settings on the device (0A12:0000), which are not properly included with the CSR USB driver .inf that comes with the BT111 driver pack. I have attached a .zip archive containing a modified .inf file to this reply which will match with 0A12:0000 as well as 0A12:0001.

If you replace the existing CSRBlueCoreUSB.inf file with this and then manually install this driver (or use "Update" through Device Manager with this driver), it should match with the hardware and then give you USB access through PSTool.

Note that when you are updating the driver, the "rintajo.BGT" text in the figure is irrelevant, and only applies to the machine that the screenshot was taken on. The relevant instruction is in Step 2, "Select the location where you saved the BT111 USB drivers". This will depend on exactly where you saved the drivers from the downloaded driver archive. It is also important to use the "Have disk..." option under all circumstances, otherwise Windows may fall back on the default driver provided by windows, especially if the VIDRobot tongueID is 0A12:0001.

You will need to download the modified .inf and overwrite the existing CSRBlueCoreUSB.inf from the development driver archive. Whether you should use the 32-bit or 64-bit driver depends on the architecture of your host OS; you should choose the matching one.

jrowberg wrote:

Hello Wayen,

Sometimes the problem in this case is the default VID/PID settings on the device (0A12:0000), which are not properly included with the CSR USB driver .inf that comes with the BT111 driver pack. I have attached a .zip archive containing a modified .inf file to this reply which will match with 0A12:0000 as well as 0A12:0001.

If you replace the existing CSRBlueCoreUSB.inf file with this and then manually install this driver (or use "Update" through Device Manager with this driver), it should match with the hardware and then give you USB access through PSTool.

Note that when you are updating the driver, the "rintajo.BGT" text in the figure is irrelevant, and only applies to the machine that the screenshot was taken on. The relevant instruction is in Step 2, "Select the location where you saved the BT111 USB drivers". This will depend on exactly where you saved the drivers from the downloaded driver archive. It is also important to use the "Have disk..." option under all circumstances, otherwise Windows may fall back on the default driver provided by windows, especially if the VIDRobot tongueID is 0A12:0001.

You will need to download the modified .inf and overwrite the existing CSRBlueCoreUSB.inf from the development driver archive. Whether you should use the 32-bit or 64-bit driver depends on the architecture of your host OS; you should choose the matching one.

Hi jrowberg.

I am having problems installing the driver on a PC running Windows 8.1 x64. I downloaded the inf file that contains the correct PID/VID for the BT111 and I'm getting  a hash error on the file. Before downloading it I made the same modification to the original inf file and got the same error.

Any suggestion will be more than welcomed

thanks in advance

Hello,

I'm replaced CSRBlueCoreUSB.inf in C:\Program Files (x86)\CSR\BlueSuite 2.5.8\drivers\win64 and I am getting the same hash error. It says:
"The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering"

I am using Windows 10.

Is there a solution for this?

Thank you,

ksaenz

Highlighted

The solution was to allow Windows to install unsigned drivers.

There are different ways to do this but what worked for me was to open an Administrator Command Prompt and type the following commands:

bcdedit /set nointegritychecks on
bcdedit /set testsigning on

And restart.