Thunderboard sense non volatile memory

Dear experts 

I am trying to develop an application on Thunderboard sense where i am using external sensor and external ADC through SPI interface. SPI i am using through expansion header present on the board.

So far i have successfully been able to read ADC count from external ADC. Further i want to store two calibration constants in some non volatile memory. These two constants are 16 bit integer values. I am not able to figure out a proper method to do so. If anyone can shed some light on topic it will be great help.

It’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
Highlighted

Re: Thunderboard sense non volatile memory

Hi,

You can use the Persistent Storage, check the API ref section 2.3.

Regards,

Tiago

Re: Thunderboard sense non volatile memory

hi tmonte

Thanks a lot for your response.

Although it does not solve my problem, the API reference which you are talking about, as per my understanding is for saving something from a master device. That means it involves maling a bluetooth service and using that service from master device to store something in the uC flash. I have interfaced an external ADC to Thunderboard sense which samples data from another sensor. This ADC is interfaced to the SPI ports available on the expansion header. My requirement is pretty simple i just want to store two ADC sample(lowest value sample and highest value sample) somewhere in non volatile memory which can be later used for displaying actual physical value(i.e temprature in degree celcius or farenhite). I am using firmware made available by silicon labs(Thunderboard sense official app). So i want to write some routine inside this firmware itself to store two values in the Flash. I dont want to create another bluetooth service for this.

I hope i have been able to explain it this time.

It’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.