Thunderboard Sense data over USB without Smartphone connection

[ Edited ]

Hello, I'm having trouble with an integration. I suspect the solution is existing, and staring me in the face! 

I need to continuously read the environmental data from my Thunderboard Sense over a USB link on a PC (a Pi). At the moment, I can monitor the data flowing over the PC's USB Serial 115200 baud connection - but I can only do this when the Thunderboard Sense is connected to the SmartPhone App. If the SmartPhone  is not connected I see nothing and have no control (best I can see).

How can I enable the TB Sense to continuously transmit the environmental data to connected devices over USB from boot-up. Is there a serial protocol even that I can request the Env data from the host PC?

Apologies if this is very simple, I'm having problems navigating my way to the answer from the documentation.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Thunderboard Sense data over USB without Smartphone connection

Hi,

Have you looked into the code to see what the reason could be? I'm guessing that if no app subscribes to the sensor characteristics then there won't be any sensor read outs but this is just a guess.

Regards,

Tiago

Highlighted

Re: Thunderboard Sense data over USB without Smartphone connection

@pmcc123 - Did you have any luck with this concept in getting the data coming through the USB serial port? I would be interested to find out more.... although I suspect it would require some re-programming of the chip, so that data is sent even without the BLE connection...?