Accepted Solution

Thunderboard Sense Bricked / Not being picked up by Simplicity Studio

[ Edited ]

Good day all, 

My Thunderboard Sense board is advertising (green light flashing), and blue light flashing fast when plugged into USB / PC, however :

- Simplicity Studio doesn't recognise the board at all (previously it did)

- the sensor data from the board (when connected through my iPhone via BLE) does not change (stuck on 25C and 50% humidity...). The sound value does change, but nothing else. So I can connect to the board however obviously the main code / program is interrupted in some fashion. 

Any ideas on what to do here?

I have previously tried to change some code on the board itself (I wanted it to be continually advertising for a Raspberry Pi project, instead of the 30 seconds from factory) however I fear my meddling might have "bricked" the board. 

Is there a way to hard reset or to force a reupload of original code from Simplicity Studio?

Regards, 

Neal. 

Re: Thunderboard Sense Bricked / Not being picked up by Simplicity Studio

All, 

I have managed to come right with this. Board is working again and project is back on track. 

Happy this post gets closed. 

Neal. 

Hi,

Maybe you can share what was going on with your TB Sense and how you brought it back to life for the benefit of the community?

Regards,

Tiago

All, 

It seems it was related to two things: 

1. Wiring - I had powered my TB Sense board off another USB port (wires soldered onto GND and VUSB (pin 18)) and one of the wires placed incorrectly. 

2. Coding - it seems there was a stage where the code was "stuck" and this seemed to resolve itself once I had updated all the Simplicity Studio software to the latest versions (and changed the micro-USB cable). 

All in all not major however at least now it is reporting on all sensors whilst still having an extended advertising time (to be able to connect to the RPi and upload necessary data to the cloud). 

N