- Silicon Labs Community
- Welcome and Announcements
- Silicon Labs Knowledge Base
- 8-bit MCU
- 32-bit MCU
- Bluetooth / Wi-Fi
- Other Products Category
- Optical/RH/Temp Sensor
- Other Products
- Hardware and Software Tools
- Simplicity Studio and Software
- General Discussions and Suggestions
- Chinese Forum
- Software Libraries
- Development Kits
- Reference Designs
- Third Party Tools
- White Papers
- Official Blog of Silicon Labs
- Chinese Blog
09-18-2016 02:14 AM
Bluetooth® Developer Studio is a graphical, GATT-based application development and debugging tool is designed to help developers create consistent Bluetooth® services and applications. Bluetooth Developer Studio can significantly simplify and speed up the development of Bluetooth applications by code, GATT data base and project auto-generation.
Bluetooth Developer Studio is a tool developed and maintained by the Bluetooth SIG and it's freely available for all Bluetooth SIG members to download here.
Main features of Bluetooth Developer Studio are
- Supports all adopted GATT based Bluetooth services and characteristics
- Support adding vendor specific services and characteristics
- Has a simple graphical user interface for editing the services and characteristics
- Auto-generation of Bluetooth projects and source code through configurable plug-ins
Silicon Labs’ provides plug-ins for the Bluetooth developer studio to help developers to develop applications for the Wireless Gecko’s.
Silicon Labs provides the following Bluetooth developer Studio plug-ins.
- Simplicity Studio plug-in
Generates Simplicity Studio v4 compatible C projects and code for selected Bluetooth services and characteristics
- IAR Embedded Workbench plug-in
Generates IAR Embedded Workbench compatible C projects and code for selected Bluetooth services and characteristics
- BGScript plug-in
Generates BGScript projects and code for selected Bluetooth services and characteristics
How to Get started?
- Install the Silicon Labs Bluetooth SDK v2.0.0 or newer (older verions are not supported)
- Install the Bluetooth Developer Studio
- Download and install the Silicon Labs plug-ins for (as an attachment)
- Read the QSG126: Silicon Labs Bluetooth Developer Studio Quick-Start Guide