Highlighted

SPI communication issue with WGM110

Hi all,

I'm facing issues while communication to WGM110 Module via SPI Interface with STM32F401 MicroController. When I tried to send command data as {08 03 06 07 01 FF FF} from SPI Master(STM32F401) to SPI Slave[WGM110] then I got a data {0 0 0 0 0 0 0}
Is it expected behaviour?

Can you please point out the example which does SPI Master(External Host) to SPI Slave(WGM110) using BG Script?

BG script command "spi_transfer" states that it supports only SPI_Write.
Can you please point out to the BG script command "spi_transfer" which supports SPI_Read ?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Deepa

Re: SPI communication issue with WGM110

Dear Deepa, 

According to API reference this is expected behavior. Also, you can find examples in /examples folder in our latest SDK. 

Regards,
Anna

Re: SPI communication issue with WGM110

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the reply. I can able to resolve the issue but still facing other issues defined below.

Due to SPI Mode mismatch between External MCU and WGM110, I didnt got response message for wifi_cmd_system_hello.

So I have modified the SPI mode in project.xml file as clock_edge="1" based on External MCU SPI Mode then I got response message for wifi_cmd_system_hello.But while reading the data at External MCU I got incorrect data as 0x88, 0x0b, 0x01, 0x00 instead of 0x08, 0x00, 0x01, 0x02

This issue is due to when we do reset of Wi-Fi Starter Kit (WGM110 Wizard Gecko Wi-Fi module radio board), wifi module sends an event message "wifi_evt_system_boot" with system boot Information as Hardware version, Bootloader version, Software major version, Software minor version, Software build number, Software revision string 

i.e. 0x88, 0x0b, 0x01, 0x00, 0x1, 0x0, x01, 0x0, 0x1, (say )

As I had expected response message for  wifi_cmd_system_hello which is of four bytes, at host side I read only 4 bytes which resulted as 0x88, 0x0b, 0x01, 0x00

So after system reset, WGM110 module sends two events messages such as wifi_evt_system_boot, wifi_evt_system_power_saving_state

After reading these event messages, I got response message for wifi_cmd_system_hello as

0x08, 0x00, 0x01, 0x02

Issue1:

Now Im trying to send data to wifi module using wifi_cmd_hardware_spi_transfer(1, 9, "Example\r\n");

But I got an error as "Invalid parameter in command" at BGtool with result as 0x180

Issue2:

For wifi_cmd_system_hello message, I got only response message. I didnt get any interrupt at external MCU though I have connected Notify pin to External Interrupt pin of MCU

In this case, whetner I will get a interrupt or not?

Can you please help me how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards,

Deepa