- Silicon Labs Community
- Welcome and Announcements
- Silicon Labs Knowledge Base
- 8-bit MCU
- 32-bit MCU
- Bluetooth / Wi-Fi
- Other Products Category
- Optical/RH/Temp Sensor
- Other Products
- Hardware and Software Tools
- Simplicity Studio and Software
- General Discussions and Suggestions
- Chinese Forum
- Software Libraries
- Development Kits
- Reference Designs
- Third Party Tools
- White Papers
- Official Blog of Silicon Labs
- Chinese Blog
07-21-2017 05:38 AM - last edited on 07-26-2017 03:53 AM by Siliconlabs
I am now using a EFR32BG1B232F256MG32 to run the SOC-empty example. But not bluetooth device can be found. Following is the detail:
1) I use my own board. MCU + 5V-to-3V LDO cause me around 10mA
2) gecko_evt_system_boot_id is detected
3) gecko_cmd_le_gap_set_adv_parameters(160, 160, 7) is implemented before gecko_cmd_le_gap_set_mode(le_gap_general_discoverable, le_gap_undirected_connectable).
4) gecko_cmd_le_gap_set_mode return 0x0200 (no error code)
5) CTUNE is default value (322)
6) After gecko_cmd_le_gap_set_mode it loops at gecko_wait_event(). If changed to gecko_peek_event, it keeps returning null
7) Both my PC & android phone cannot find the device, but both of them can detect other device
8) Tried le_gap_non_connectable & still ok
My questions are
1) Am I missed anything? Eg some other setting
2) How may I debug? Any debug message?
3) Is the current normal?
Sorry for my stupid questions. I tried for 2 days & really no ideas. Thanks a lot!
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-21-2017 08:34 AM
We are investigating some similar issue on this thread:
Can you please look at it with Energy Profiler? Do you experience the same behaviour?
You mentioned "Tried le_gap_non_connectable & still ok" - does this mean, that you cannot see the problem if in non connectable mode?
07-23-2017 09:42 PM
I tried to set SLEEP_FLAGS_DEEP_SLEEP_ENABLE = 0 in gecko_configuration.h (Is this the same as what Ivan said "config_flags" item ?) and found that nothing change. Does this mean we are not facing the same problem?
BTW sorry that I don't know how to use the energy profiler. I run my program & no output. Sound that all docs online are for demo evb only. Are there any instructions for custom-made board? Any hardware config are needed?
07-25-2017 09:36 AM
It seems that this is a different issue than on the other forum topic. Apparently advertisement does not start at all for you. I suggest opening a ticket for this and sending your schematic, probably it will be some HW issue.
You can use the Energy Profiler if you have a mini simplicity connector on your custom board, and if you can supply the board from it. In this case you can connect the board to a WSTK that is put into OUT debug mode. But maybe this is not needed now.
07-26-2017 10:25 AM
I have the same issue that the BLE broadcast cannot be found. The project is generated from the 'soc_empty' sample project. I am using EFR32BG1B232F256GM32 with a custom board. We checked the current from the power supply and it didn't change even during broadcasting. Just wonder if we need to change some settings in the sample code in order to run with a custom board.
07-27-2017 05:13 AM
I guess you are not using the DC/DC right? Make sure that you take away the standard DC/DC init code used in the standard examples for the radio boards, and if that doesn't get it to work then add this line
Let me know.
07-27-2017 10:47 AM
Ole! Thanks a lot!
But one more question: If there any side effect? If yes, anyway to turn it on again? Sound that it's not expected to turn off as I can't change it in configuration nor find any method (both function or flag) in both em_emu.h & em_emu.c
07-28-2017 05:52 AM
I have to investigate this issue a bit deeper because we also have radio boards which don't use the DC/DC and those work fine, I'll get back here when I have further info.