BLE113A advertising

Hi, some question.

In advertising mode I'm at the GAP level, so no connection is created with the devices  scanned. In this mode aren't GATT services implemented?

Where I define the typology of scan ( active or passive)?

If I define the active scan, I wait a signal from my smartphone to the BLE113, so I send the others informations. 

The switch case search the corrispondence between the header in the native_gecko.h and the date in the packet send from my smartphone with the gecko_wait_event, and if this is relative at the return package from my smartphone, the BLE113 send the other information. Is it correct? But, how my smartphone know what is the corresponding header? And what is the function used from ble113 to send other information?

An others question. The bgtool doesn't work. It gives the  error "device not responding" I have programmed it with NCP target but the error remains.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Best regards.

Re: BLE113A advertising

Hi,

1) GATT is always implemented but it's only accessible through a Bluetooth connection, not through advertisement. You can of course advertise UUIDs from some of the GATT services on the device but that's not exactly accessing the data itself.

2) With set_scan_parameters command, there's an active parameter to indicate if you want to do active or passive scanning

3) "If I define the active scan, I wait a signal from my smartphone to the BLE113, so I send the others informations. " -> What do you mean exactly? This is a bit confusing.

Ok, you seem to be mixing up BLE113 and Blue Gecko (EFR32) material. It also doesn't look like you understand Bluetooth very well, maybe you should start by reading some of our introduction material to get more familiar with Bluetooth technology before asking more detailed questions.

What device are you using exactly?

Regards,

Tiago

Hi, in active scan, after the advertisement signal there is the scan request. I think that in this scanner request signal there is a field that is used from the  advertiser as an event that it use for the switch-case to search the function to send the scan response at the scan, or not? If it is true, this value corresponds at a value defined in native_gecko.h (gecko_cmd_dfu_reset_id, gecko_cmd_dfu_flash_set_address_id,...). 

But this value how is known from the scan?

The device that I use are: bgm113a on the board PCB 4001 Rev A03.

I don't understand as I can implement the bluetooth function with simplicity studio. For example I have tried to implement a current time characteristic, but on the blue Gecko app, It doesn't work.

Thanks.

Best regards

Hi,

I'm having a hard time understand what you want to know. Both the main advertisement packets as well as scan response packets are reported through the le_gap_scan_response event. The parameter packet_type indicates if it's advertisement or scan response.

Regards,

Tiago