BLE112 sending command manually and no response

Hi there,

actually i try to communicate with my BLE112 Module (disabled sleep mode) over default Uart1 communication with baud rate of 57600. In the BLE_Application_Note_SPP_over_BLE. It is described that AT Command Reference can be used. I first tested the BLE112 Module using BLEGUI Software and an external UART module. I got the correct BLE112 responses to various commands (00000001, 00000002, 00000008.

Now i started to use a Kinetis  K70 microcontroller for communication with the BLE112 Module.

The UART of my Kinets K70 is initialized correctly and I can successfully establish a connection to the BLE Module.

Im using a mqx file in combination with  fprintf   (  fprintf(p_bluetooth, "at\r\n")Robot wink to send commands to the BLE112 Moudle. I verified that the command reaches the BLE112 RX input pin using oscilloscope (different commands produce different signals at the RX pin of BLE112).

Since I get same response signals at the BLE112 TX i assume i missunderstood something in the AT command Syntax. I also tryed to send 00000001 or 00000002 commands in BGAPI protocol format but my outpout singal measured at BLE112 Tx pin remains the same (maybe an Error). Do I need another specific protocol Syntax or what kind of mistake I made?

Thank you for your Help.
Best regards

Re: BLE112 sending command manually and no response

Hello,

Did you set the correct baud rate? In SPP over BLE, 57600 is default.

Regards,
Bartosz

Highlighted

Yes my Baudrate is corret. I already solved a part of the problem. Since I actually dont have the CC debuger or the SDK -Board rdy, I cannot change my hardware firmware.

Right now I can communicate with my BLE112 Module using API commands. (Does a List of all commands possible exist?)

And am I right that firmware change of my Module to SPP over BLE using the CC Debugger and  with  <script enable="true" /> in hardware.xml is necessary, so that my BLE112 Module can handle AT command structure?

Thank you for your help

Regards,

Chelios

Hello,

List of all API commands is available at our website (this is for SDK 1.5):

http://www.silabs.com/documents/login/reference-manuals/Bluetooth_Smart_Software-BLE-1.5-API-RM.pdf

<script enable="true" /> modification of the hardware.xml is used to enable the BGScript. For API commands, you should include endpoint="api" in the USART section (like in the uartdemo example).

Regards,

Bartosz