<a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Star</font></font> </a> imo

BLE GUI 1.5.0 - does not see the same amount of devices as smart phone does

Hi

I am trying to build a java app to use BLED112 in order to communicate with peripheral. I was using BLE GUI in order to know wich commands should I send in java app and from before yesterday the gle gui app does not see the peripheral device but it sees some other devices existing at home.

If I use ble scanner in android phone I can see it, connect to it and read it

Thanks

Imo

Re: BLE GUI 1.5.0 - does not see the same amount of devices as smart phone does

Hi,

Does your scanner app also show Bluetooth classic devices? The BLED112 will only show LE devices so that could be one difference.

Regards,

Tiago

<a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Star</font></font> </a> imo

Hello tmonte

I think the android app detects all kind of devices but i think that, that does not matter for my problem solution...

Look, I am using BLE NANO 1 device as a ble peripheral with name="Ble PeriPheral"

When I run BLE GUI I see 2 BT devices (I dont know them, may be they are from from my neigbours on the next floor or... I dont know id they are BT or BT LE) and none of them is the "Ble PeriPheral".

However, until yesterday I could see 3 devices (using BLE GUI) one of them was the "Ble PeriPheral"!

When I run android ble scanner I can see 3 devices, one of them is the "Ble PeriPheral". I can connect to it and read it without any problem!

My question is: why does BLE GUI can not detect the "Ble PeriPheral" device but android can?

Is there any cache that I have to clean? Is there any parameter I have to ajust?

Thanks

Imo

Highlighted

Hi,

"However, until yesterday I could see 3 devices (using BLE GUI) one of them was the "Ble PeriPheral"!"

So what changed between yesterday and today? Did you make any changes to the BLE peripheral code?

Regards,

Tiago

No. Nothing changed!
If i use gatttool from linux i can see the device
If i use android ble scanner i can see it
Only the bled110 through ble gui does not see the device. I uninstalled and installed again ble gui but no progress. How sad... the way out it to proceed project using linux native ble support :-(

Thans

Imo

By the way, i have here 2 bled112 pens and the result is the same. The peripheral device is not detected

Hi,

Are you absolutely sure that your peripheral is a BLE peripheral? Are you absolutely sure that said peripheral was ever visible using BLED112+BLE-GUI? I'm starting to think that your peripheral is a Bluetooth Classic device which will never be visible to BLED112.

Regards,

Tiago