Accepted Solution

BGM123: minimizing number of connections to MCU in NCP mode

Hi everyone!

As I failed to find info about default factory configuration of BGM121_123 I decided to post here.

I need to understand how to minimize number of connections between MCU and BGM121(3) in NCP mode if BGM will be used with factory FW.

So the questions are:

a) where I can find info about factory configuration of BGM121(3)?

b) is HW flow control on or off?

c) is WAKEUP pin from MCU required?

Thanks!

Re: BGM123: minimizing number of connections to MCU in NCP mode

Hi,

The factory firmware is the example named "ncp-empty" in the SDK, so you can find anything if you create a project based on this example. Below is the quick answers to your questions.

1. Set the symbol MAX_CONNECTIONS to 1 will limited the miximum connections to 1 at a time.

2. I assume that you have installed the SSv4 and Bluetooth SDK, then create the example "NCP-Empty", this is the one.

3. On by default.

4. Depends on your requirement, if you need deep sleep on the BGM123 side and want to wake up it anytime you want to send data, you need a wakeup pin. See symbol NCP_DEEP_SLEEP_ENABLED for more details.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin_Fu wrote:

1. Set the symbol MAX_CONNECTIONS to 1 will limited the miximum connections to 1 at a time.

@Kevin_Fu the original poster wanted to minimize the number of physical connections between host MCU and the Bluetooth module. 

There's no need to touch the MAX_CONNECTIONS setting unless you want to optimize RAM usage.

Hi Kevin_Fu and JaakkoV! Thank you very much for your help, this is what I needed!

Oh, sorry that I misunderstood. @JaakkoV is correct.

Kevin, sorry if my question was not clear enought - my mistake)