Silicon Laboratories IDE to Simplicity Studio v4 Migration

I have a old project created in Silicon Laboratories IDE  that I attempted to migrate into Simplicity Studio v4. I have never before used Simplicity Studio v4, and I am completely confused. When I tried to open the project Simplicity Studio v4 did not recognize the .wps project file created in Silicon Laboratories IDE as a project. I did not find in the documentation how to compile the project using the Keil compiler and flash the object file it would create. What I found instead was documentation on how to use Simplicity Studio with MinGW, Cygwin, and WIndows SDK. None of these compilers are, of course, relevant to me.

The Silicon Laboratories IDE that my old project was created in was installed using the CD disk that came with the USB Debug adapter I am using to flash with. In this IDE when I do Help => Check for updates I get a web page from which Simplicity Studio can be downloaded.

The target processor is a C8051F316-GM.

How is this migration done?

Highlighted

Re: Silicon Laboratories IDE to Simplicity Studio v4 Migration

I have a old project 

have you checked if SS even support your device?

erik

Re: Silicon Laboratories IDE to Simplicity Studio v4 Migration

Hi @spflanze,

I see that your part is supported in Studio. Have you followed the steps listed in this knowledge base article - http://community.silabs.com/t5/8-bit-MCU-Knowledge-Base/Importing-an-8-bit-Microcontroller-Studio-pr...?

If you have, can you tell me at what step you are facing issues?

Best,

Manasa