EFM8SB10F8G controller wake up problem

Dear All,

I am using EFM8SB10F8G-A-QFN24 controller, For my application I put controller in sleep mode. and port match event use as controller wake up source. But some time my controller not wake up.?

Thanks and Regards,

Brijesh Patel

Re: EFM8SB10F8G controller wake up problem

Hi Brijesh,

What pins are you using for the port match interrupt, and what state are they in?  Do you have both the port match interrupt, and global interrupts enabled?

Regards,

Joe

Hi Joe

I am using P1.4 for port match event. Please find attached image for reference.

VDD = 3.3V, R13 = short, R14 = 10K.

- when P1.4 goes low controller go in sleep mode, and when vdd applied port match event wake up controller. but in very rare case controller wake up problem occur.

- global interrupt is enabled and port match interrupt is disabled.

- when P1.4 goes low controller go in sleep mode, and when vdd applied port match event wake up controller. but in very rare case controller wake up problem occur.

bounce? You do not say how when vdd applied you may get into some timing issues because of bounce

erik

What are the values in that voltage divider? Why are you dividing the voltage down from VDD?

A scope capture of the pin during this failure will also be helpful in debugging this problem.

<a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Hero</font></font> </a> jmg

What exactly does "very rare case controller wake up problem occur."

What is failure rate, and what is wake up problem ? (no wake up at all, partial wakeup,... ?)

What is Vdd ? - that is some other controller's Vcc, not the EFM8's right ?

This will have rise and fall times, and may not be monotonic.

If you test this with a clean port signal, (eg from a HC4060) do the problems go away ?