Board protocol c8051f350

Dear All

I am new in the Silabs forum.

I am a labview programmer and I would like to ask the forum if can help me find the type of the board attached pictures.

It uses the c8051f350 and I know that it has conected 2 sensors (+-2.5 volts each) and it uses the CP210x bridge silicon. It receives the preamplified lvdts signals from other board.

This board has a very old application and i would to recover this by using labview to send a "message-string" to the c8051f350 to get the readings from the AI (I suppose 0 and 1).

I would like to get a software that can comunicate with it or the strings to get the AI readings.

Best regards

cpalha

Re: Board protocol c8051f350

as far as I know, this board was not developed by Silabs.
I think you need yo contact the manufacture of this board to know the detail.
WeiguoLu

Hi WeiguoLu

I suppose, because it is installed in a chinese machine. This machine has 2 displacement sensores (lvdt) and the output of this sensores are between -2.5vdc to +2.5vdc.

I would like to put this macnine working again and use this board. I installed the driver for the port and I identify the c8051f350 microchip that I suppose is a  ADC (analog digital converter).

If I am right, is there some sililab software that I can use to test if I can comunicate with this microchip and computer?

I only need to get readings from (i suppose) analog inputs, because the 2 lvdts are conected to this board.

best regards

Carlos Palha

Open a terminal program on the CP210x virtual comport and see if you get any command line interface or automatic output. Other than that, you will have to contact the manufacturer of that board.

Hi vanmierlo

Thanks for the repply.

Could be hyperterminal? Or Silabs has a spific one?

Unfortunately the manyufactor does not exist anymore.

best

cpalha

Yes, hyperterminal or teraterm or any such program.

If the manufacturer no longer exists you are out of luck. Has it been taken over, possibly after a bankrupcy?

You could try to see if the device is locked and if it is not you could retrieve the software binary. But reverse engineering that is often more cumbersome than just starting from scratch. And unless there is noone that still owns the IP rights this is stealing and thus illegal.

Hi vanmerlo

Thanks again for your help.

I think I will give up and buy a recent ADC board and put this in trash...

In attach is the exe application from manufacturer...if it can be edited...do you know how?

Best regards

cpalha

Hi

After searching more, I found the complete package of the software, but with a "exe editor" I could not found in dll files nothing related with comunication between the board and pc.

I now this software at the end exports data to a spreadshet.

CPalha

Highlighted

Now  with attach

cpalha