<a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Genius</font></font> </a> yga

ETM traces on DK3750 don't start

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get traces from the Embeded Trace Macrocell (ETM) module on a DK3750, but without success...

For this, i used the example C-code from the AN0043 (EFM32 Debug and Trace), directly in SimplicityStudio, flashed on a DK3750.

The code (Trame_and_ITM_printf) is running on the platfrom, i can check this through the jtag interface.

But when i plugged a logic analyser on the ETM signals, only the clock is visible, no data.

On the example code for this platform, signals are:

gpio_PD[3-6] -> ETM_TRACE[0..3]

gpio_PD7 -> ETM_CLK

My first try:

- Configuration of the DK3750 (through lcd screen) : Debug -> MCU       ETM Trace -> OFF
---> I can view the ETM_clock on gpio_PD7 (but no data on gpio_PD[3-6])

My second try:

- Configuration of the DK3750 (through lcd screen) : Debug -> IN       ETM Trace -> ON

---> I can view the ETM_clock on ETM_CLK on "trace port of the DK3750" (but no data on ETM_TRACES of the trace port)

All other configurations are no better. Also, I pulled down the "cable_detect" of the trace_connector (and see the line "Trace cable" switches to "Yes"), but without any change on my ETM signals.

My logic analyser is a 100MS/s, and i see the clock perfectly. So i supposed that my capture is correct.

Any insights are welcome. Thanks!

Regards,

Re: ETM traces on DK3750 don't start

Hello,

There are some issues with ETM on DK3750, please reference section 12.2 "Kit Errata" in the dev kit user manual.  The kit firmware errata however is no longer applicable as of version 1v0p0, so you want to make sure that a) your Simplicity Studio is updated fully, and b) your DK3750 has the latest kit firmware.  

With your dev kit connected and selected in Simplicity Studio, go into the [Kit Manager] tile to verify that your kit is running 1v0p0 (the Kit Manager will prompt you to update the firmware if not).  Let us know if this was the issue.

Best regards,

- Phillip

Highlighted
<a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Genius</font></font> </a> yga

Re: ETM traces on DK3750 don't start

Hi PhillipB,

Thank you for your reply.

According to this thread, I have seen that there was some issues with ETM on DK3750. But I have checked my firmware version, it is the 1v0p0b1063, I suppose it is ok.

I don't have tested with older beta firmware of the thread, can it be useful ?

My SimplicityStudio is also up to date, no update are proposed to me, and no firmware update are proposed into the KitManager for my DK3750.

Do you have any other idea ?

Let me know if you need other information.

Thanks!