Accepted Solution

EFM32TG210F32 - custom board - programming over SWDIO + SWCLK interface

Hi 

For my application, I need to use SPI, IrDA, I2C, some digital I/Os - so I have narrowed down to EFM32TG210F32.device and working on pcb design. 

I am looking for a programming option for my custom board, can anyone please help how can I program+debug my board over SWDIO+SWCLK interface? 

Once I have a finvel version of code for my board, I can use the USB bootloader, but that will be only for a small quantity of boards. What is the production option for programming large quantity of custom boards?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Silas    

Re: EFM32TG210F32 - custom board - programming over SWDIO + SWCLK interface

The programming option was avaible in this KB.

By the way, I think EFM32TG don't have USB bootloader, it support the UART bootloader.

For large quantity of device programming, I guess a "3rd party standalone programmer" and "In-House Programming" are a good choices.

http://community.silabs.com/t5/32-bit-MCU-Knowledge-Base/Programming-Options-for-EFM32-Microcontroll...

WeiguoLu

Hi WeiguoLu

Thanks for your reply and information!

And during code development, for program/debug my custom board, I can use any starter kit? I have a Zero Gecko starter kit (STK3201A), can I use this to program/debug my Tiny Gecko custom board? 

Thanks

Silas 

Yes. Set it to mode OUT and connect SWDIO, SWCLK, VMCU and GND.

Highlighted

Thanks Robot Happy   I will try this out once I have my board ready Robot Happy

Thanks all!

Silas