Comparing EFM32 micros with STM32 micros for current consumptions in various energy modes

Hi All, 

Has anyone worked on comparing current consumptions between EFM32 microcontrollers like EFM32ZG (M0+) with STM32L0? ST claims that STM32L0 has dynamic run mode current 49uA/MHz (check here) whereas EFM32ZG has 114 µA/MHz.  Since this difference really big, before actually believing on what is posted on websites, I would like to know if anyone has run any practical tests ?  Would anyone please share his/her results? I would sure appreciate if anyone from Silabs can comment on this and provide valuable insights. 

Thanks in advance

Silas 

Re: Comparing EFM32 micros with STM32 micros for current consumptions in various energy modes

Hi @SilasValera,

The number on the datasheet are tested by us. Our emodes demo would be a good place to start if you want to evaluate the current consumption values at different energy modes. The number 114 uA/MHz is the current consumed in EM0 mode when the 24 MHz HFXO is used with all the peripheral clocks disabled at VDD = 3.0V and T(amb) = 25C. I am not familiar with STM products and this was the datasheet I referred to  - http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/datasheet/42/c0/ab/e5/71/7a/47/0b/DM002065.... I think that in order to reach a number as low as 49uA, you have to sacrifice some speed on the HFCLK (looks like the MSI clock runs in the order of kHz to get those numbers). 

Best,

Manasa