Can't enable code correlation in clock example

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm using the clock example with the Pearl Gecko starter kit (EFM32PG) and I can't get code correlation to work.  I followed this post: http://community.silabs.com/t5/32-bit-MCU-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Enable-Code-Correlation-in-EFM32-Pro... but I still get the following message in my energy profiler console:

"Note: Code correlation does not work as no program info is available for the running program.  Please see this help topic for more details".

I'm attaching my project folder.

I did one thing different than the instructions.  I had to add an "#include bsptrace.c" to include the .c file.  It would find it unless I did so.

Thanks for your help.

Dan

Re: Can't enable code correlation in clock example

Hi @dakozin,

An #include statement should not be used with the bsptrace.c file.  Instead you can use the Windows file explorer to find the file and then drag and drop it into the folder in the project where you want the file.  A popup dialog should appear asking if you want to link to the file or copy it into the project.  As long as you won't be editing the file, it is fine to just create a link to it.  Then when the project is built that file should be built and linked into the project as well.

Thank you,

jpitt

Hi,

For some reason I couldn't find the bsp_trace.c file in the clock example, but it was being included from somewhere - hmmm.

So I changed to the whiteboard example, and I was able to just include the "bsp_trace.h" file and add the call to  BSP_TraceProfilerSetup() at the beginning of main().  It compiled successfully.

I got the same problem, in the Energy Profiler console I have the message that "code correlation is not supported".

I'm attaching the whiteboard example project file, plus the screen capture of the error statement.

@MitchC, I was not able to get code correlation to work in the Energy Profiler for the SLSTK3401A_clock example program either.  I followed the steps outlined in the KBA that @dakozin highlighted and with the debugger I made sure that the BSP_TraceSwoSetup() function was being executed from BSP_TraceProfilerSetup() but still the Energy Profiler gave the warning, so I moved this thread to the MCU-32 bit forum. If I run the SLSTK3401A_powertest example I do see code correlation working, but I don't see that it is doing anything different than the modified clock example.

Thanks,

jpitt