AN0055 speexenc source code

Hello, there is a modified version of source code speexenc.c (with output to "C" header file) used in AN0055? I use Linux and can not use speexenc.exe. Well thank you.

Re: AN0055 speexenc source code

i am not sure i understand your question correctly or not.
i think the speexenc is a software that developed by Speex and you could try to get them from Internet.
WeiguoLu

Hi @dloop6,

You need to download the Speex source and build the package yourself. Google is your friend Smiley Happy

https://speex.org/downloads/

John

Yes, spexx from speex.org I have modified for AN0055 and SimplicityStudio (GCC) for Linux, this works. My question is just one file from the entire package - "speexenc.c", that was modified by SiliconLabs, and this is not a source code.

AN0055.pdf - ..."In order to save Speex encoded data to internal flash for voice playback, a PC application is required to convert a WAV file into a header file for the compiler to work with. The speexenc.exe in “pc_software” folder is used for this purpose. The Speex encoding utility is modified from speexenc.c that can be downloaded from http:// www.speex.org/downloads/. This PC application will convert the input WAV file into Speex encoded format binary file and C header file in one step."

Unmodified speexenc.c only generates a binary compressed file.

I need to get this:

/*
Header file generated by Speex Encoding Utility

Copyright (C) 2012 Silicon Labs
http://www.silabs.com

Encoding 8000 Hz audio using narrowband mode
Bitrate is: 8000 bps
Denoise is enabled
AGC level is: 8000.000000
Encoded file size is: 2860
*/

const unsigned char voice8k[] =
{
0x1b, 0x82, 0x4e, 0x00, 0x00, 0x39, 0xce, 0x70, 0x00, 0x1c, 0xe7, 0x38, 0x00,
0x0e, 0x73, 0x88,...

Linux ships with tools that can process binary input to a C compatible format:

> hexdump -ve '1/1 "0x%0.1x\,"' <input.bin >output.cinc

Usage is an include in a C source file:

uint8_t binary_array[]={
#include "output.cinc"
};

This is complicated because the output from the original speexenc utility is not RAW bin but it is wrapped in the OGG container.
It would be a good idea if I got the modified source code "speexenc.c" from Silabs so I could compile it for Linux. "Speexenc.exe" works though, but for this I have to start Virtualbox and Windows to run the spexenc.exe utility :-)

Hi @dloop6,

I think your best option at this point is to get familiar with Gstreamer and use it to demux the ogg container and dump the raw data into a .bin file. You can then use hexdump as @Turbo_J to get your a file with a C const array.

John

Hi JohnB,

thanks for the tip.

I like simple solutions, "speexenc.exe" does exactly what it takes. If it is a problem for Silabs to publish the modified source code "speexenc.c" (which is, by the way, part of the openource speex project), then I will have to modify it myself ...

Rasto

dloop6 wrote:

I like simple solutions, "speexenc.exe" does exactly what it takes. If it is a problem for Silabs to publish the modified source code "speexenc.c" (which is, by the way, part of the openource speex project), then I will have to modify it myself ...

Under what license is this source provided in the opensource speex project? If it is GPL and you have got the speexenc.exe from SiLabs then SiLabs is also obliged to provide you with their modified source code.